Remarkable Venue Awards 2021
TIS – Tourism Innovation Summit will host this year the Remarkable Venue Awards, the annual tourism awards celebrating the best museums and attractions around the world organized by Tiqets.
Museums and attractions have had to be more creative than ever to provide exceptional experiences to customers. That’s why the Remarkable Venue Awards is shining a spotlight on museums and attractions that are moving the industry forward – and your venue could be one of them!
The 2021 Remarkable Venue Awards celebrates seven categories of awards in six countries: UK & Ireland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the United States.
The selection of the winning venues in the Best Attraction, Best Museum, Best Onsite Experiences, Most Remarkable Venue, and Best Landmark categories will be based on 850,000+ customer reviews of venues on Tiqets.com and are will include venues in six markets including UK & Ireland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the United States.
- Most Remarkable Venue: Our Remarkable Venue Award is presented to the venue that is the most popular and top-rated with visitors. The selection for this award is based on customer reviews on Tiqets.com.
- Best Museum: The Best Museum award recognises the best museums and art galleries featured on Tiqets.com. The selection for this award is based on customer reviews on Tiqets.com.
- Best Attraction: This award honours the best attractions, from theme parks and zoos to guided visits. It recognises venues that stand out for their appeal to all types of visitors. The selection for this award is based on customer reviews on Tiqets.com
- Best Onsite Experience: This category is focused on recognising the venue that offers the best onsite experience. The selection for this award is based on customer reviews on Tiqets.com of the onsite experience, including staff interaction and information available at the venue.
- Best Landmark: This category recognises venues such as cathedrals, churches (or any place of worship), castles, palaces, historical or iconic landmarks and observation decks. The selection for this award is based on customer reviews on Tiqets.com.
The two application-based tourism award categories: Best Hidden Gem and Most Innovative Venue will be judged by a panel of industry experts and any museum or attraction working with Tiqets or not were encouraged to apply. Applications for these awards closed on 30 September 2021.
- Most Innovative Venue: Innovation is about finding ways to be creative and unique that are also modern and up to date. This award is about spotlighting museums and attractions that found new and original ways to appeal to customers. This could include sustainable initiatives, creative marketing strategies, new technology implemented etc.
- Best Hidden Gem: A hidden gem refers to something which is outstanding, unique or special. This award category is focused on highlighting lesser-known and more niche attractions to travellers the world over
Do you want to know the nominees of this new edition of the Remarkable Venue Awards?
This year’s global awards evening will be free to attend with both an in-person ceremony and a global livestream to attend virtually. Presented in partnership with Tourism Innovation Summit (TIS), the awards will take place during the conference in Seville on Wednesday, November 10th from 17:30-20:30 CET.